I am super passionate when it comes to decluttering and organizing. I’ve struggled with anxiety my entire life, clutter and disorganization are big triggers for me. So, that means I need to keep my home in order. The irony here is that I love eclectic decor, which inherently has more knick knacks, plants, and textures. I’ve found that there’s a very fine line between clutter chaos and my version of boho eclectic decor! In 2017 I was pregnant with my third little one. I started reading a book called, “The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up” by Marie Kondo. Her advice changed the way I run my home! I started nesting right around the time that I read her book. If you pair great strategies with crazy hormones, you can get some pretty stellar results! haha!
(side note: I don’t agree with any spiritual aspect of her book, like thanking the items or the house. I am a firm believer in God. I believe in being thankful, but to Him alone. Don’t let this deter you from using her strategies, they’re fantastic!)
Without further ado, here is my list of must have organizing products and the book that changed the way I run my home. Click any image to purchase or for more details.
- Drawer dividers are an absolute must. As Marie teaches, you need to be able to see everything you have and easily access what you do have!
2. These are great for drawer organizers and for your fridge!
3. These are fantastic for underwear and sock drawers or diving kids’ clothing sizes.
4. These are another awesome option for organizing your sock drawer. I love that these organize your bras!
5. This battery organizer is magical. Your junk drawer will no longer be a junk drawer with this thing!
6. This is a must for organizing your holiday and birthday clutter in your closet.
7. This can organizer has helped me to use things before they expire and save money because I’m not constantly buying the same things again. I may or may not have found cans that were 4 years old in my pantry before I Konmaried my house. Don’t judge lol
8. Anyone else a victim of the lost lid? I have so many containers and missing lids. This helps so much!
9. These are an excellent space saver for your cabinets. It doubled my cabinet space to put my pans in something!
10. Having my spices organized and easy to see has made me want to cook way more! I am not even kidding, I would end up buying multiple of the same spice and feeling like I couldn’t find what I wanted most of the time. I would just give up and not make something.
I really hope that some of my favorite organization items will help you in your decluttering journey. It is life changing and so worth it. It’s been years and my house still runs in the same way that it did in 2017. Not only is this doable but it’s sustainable. One thing that really struck me as I was learning, “would you rather spend time cleaning the same clutter every day or living your life?”. I have so much more time for my kids, hubby and fun in general. I know you want that, too!
If you want to see some of my other favorite home items, check here: http://www.amazon.com/shop/relic828
This article contains affiliate links.